A SOC Gap Assessment is how you get a benchmark for “where you are” against “where you need to get to” for a successful SOC examination. A gap assessment is the first step on your SOC journey, setting you up for better results when it is time for your SOC 2 Type 2 audit. Our gap assessment work will:
Provide an overview of SOC, determine the categories that should be in scope based on your service, identify showstoppers, and any control issues that will delay your SOC progress.
- Provide an overview of AICPA SOC examinations and requirements
- Determine the control objectives or trust service categories that should be in scope for your SOC report based on the service(s) you provide
- Boundary review and validation
- Quick-hit process to identify roadblocks that could prevent a successful SOC Type 2 report
- Initial review of the implementation status for each control in place to meet criteria
- Overall cost-effective way to obtain a SOC roadmap