Understanding the current state of your cybersecurity program is necessary to identify weaknesses or deficiencies in your overall cybersecurity capabilities. We work with your existing IT and cybersecurity personnel to analyze and identify the strengths and weaknesses in your current program. Our team will:
- Evaluate Cybersecurity Policies & Procedures to ensure they are up-to-date and align to your required regulatory standards
- Review your organizations asset management capability to ensure your business understands the various data types, applications, and systems, that comprise your organization
- Determine the effectiveness of existing cybersecurity configuration baselines for IT systems and components
- Analyze potential supply chain & third-party risk impacts to your overall risk management program
Once you have determined your current or “as is” state, next your organization should determine where to focus resources for program improvement initiatives. This requires thoughtful planning and senior management involvement to ensure the program aligns to business needs and addresses management concerns. Our team will advise and support your program in areas, such as:
- Identify Customer Expectations, Regulatory requirements, industry best practices, etc. that are required for your program
- Increase effectiveness by defining the necessary or additional security controls across your enterprise to provide effective safeguards against threat sources
- Reduce your attack surface by updating security policies, procedures, disabling unused ports, protocols, and services; eliminating potential attack vectors or entry/exit points within the enterprise
- Develop situational awareness of your enterprise through the implementation of next-generation auditing, threat intelligence, alerting, and SIEM tools
- Establish measurement goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) for overall security effectiveness, and critical cybersecurity functions and teams,
- Ensure that your IT and cybersecurity budgets are aligned to business objectives, secure the necessary funding to achieve program goals & objectives
Once you have identified the gaps based upon your organization’s goals & objectives, your business must allocate the necessary resources to implement the improvements to the program. Work with our security experts to implement cost-effective and efficient processes, leveraging automation and workflows, where available.
- Develop GRC workflows and program management leveraging automation of program support and assessment/audit activities
- Update your organization’s enterprise security architecture to include the new program requirements and develop a project implementation schedule across IT system components with established timelines
- Update security documentation to include Updating Security Policies & Procedures, security plans, contingency plans, incident response plans, and configuration management
- Implement security controls within your organization leveraging updated regulatory standards
- Update contracts and agreements with third parties and your organization supply chain to include cybersecurity program requirements
- Your cybersecurity program requires the development of policies, procedures, and key security documentation that enables your business to take a proactive approach.
The ability to effectively measure and monitor the effectiveness of your program is critical to understanding your organizational risk. Ongoing activities enable your business to maintain situational awareness of your organization’s security posture, threats, and risks that could impact your company or its customers. We can work closely with your organization to develop customized monitoring activities to include the following.
- Measure and track program key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Conduct internal assessments and external assessments (independent validation) of third parties to ensure ongoing compliance and regulatory standards are enforced
- Monitor baselines, changes, and updates to IT strategy to align your cybersecurity program to evolving business strategy and direction
- Continue to align cybersecurity program functions and capabilities to IT and business objectives through ongoing process improvement